THEME; Approaches to Sustainable Development through Collaborative Solutions and Innovations in Healthcare and Agriculture in low-resource settings.
DATE: Thursday 29th & 30th September 2021
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
As Benadir University launches the Benadir University Institute of Research & Development (BIRD), it’s also proud to announce the 1st Annual Research & Innovation Dissemination Conference organised by BIRD to be held on Wednesday and Thursday 29th and 30th September 2021 under the theme of “Approaches to Sustainable Development through collaborative solutions and innovations in Healthcare and Agriculture in low-resource settings”.
The Rector of Benadir University and The Director of Benadir University Institute of Research & Development (BIRD) invite all interested persons, healthcare and agricultural researchers, enthusiasts, and practitioners from academia and the relevant industries to submit abstracts of original research, in line with the conference theme and sub-themes above. All Abstracts and innovations will undergo review according to research originality, accuracy, depth, and relevance to the conference theme and subthemes undermentioned.
The 2021 conference will be highly engaging and with a specific focus on research findings and current innovations centred on improving and solving gaps within the Somali healthcare and agricultural systems. The conference also seeks to provide a continuous annual platform that enables researchers, academicians, students and civil society to share knowledge and innovation; -that will lead to a positive impact on the lives of the Somali people and the development of Somalia and the region. The conference, along with exhibitions, will be organised under the following sub-themes;
- Applicable solutions and innovations to improve healthcare capacity in resource-limited health systems.
- Collaborative approaches for the reduction of disease burden while promoting physical, mental and social health.
- Sustainable practices and innovations for food production -as solutions for food security.
- Research and approaches to the reduction of diseases affecting the Agricultural sector.
- Entrepreneurial strategies -as solutions in agriculture and healthcare.
- Sustainability of Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH), and Nutrition programs through; community engagement, resilience, and development partners.
- Abstracts not exceeding 250 – 300 words, in English, in MS word document (submit soft copy).
- Provide authors’ first name followed by last name, institutional affiliation/addresses, email address and phone number while indicating the corresponding author’s name. The presenting author’s name should be bolded.
- The abstract should have a title and written as one paragraph consisting of; title, problem, objective, a summary of methods, results obtained, conclusion, and recommendations from the research.
- The title should be short and clear (not more than 20 words)
- The abstract should have keywords (not more than 5) in alphabetical order
- Format: Arial, font size 12 with 1.5 spacing.
- Create and submit your PowerPoint presentation for your conference paper with similar guidelines as the MS word document.
The full paper should include: Authors (as per abstract guideline), title, the abstract, introduction, problem, methods, results, discussion, conclusions and recommendations (main outcome measures) between 3,000 and 8,000 words.
All submissions to: email@example.com or follow the links provided.
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
|Call for Abstracts:||1st May 2021|
|Deadline for the Submission of Abstracts:||1st September 2021|
|Announcement of Selected Abstracts||6th September 2021|
|Deadline for the Submission of Full Papers:||12th August 2021|
|Deadline for the Submission of PowerPoint Presentations:||14th August 2021|
|Conference Date||29th & 30th September 2021|
For more information contact;
Rage Adem Shahiid – Conference Coordinator
Annabella Analo Achitsa – Conference Secretary